Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Memories of My Dad. . .


Many of you know that my dad passed away last Monday. His loss has been very hard.
As I think about my dad, I am so grateful to have had him in my life. His sense of humor (although sometimes a little warped) brightened our lives. He was a very funny man!
He had an unwavering testimony and love for the gospel. His commitment to always do the right thing set a great example for me to follow. He was a great father and grandfather. I talked with my dad often seeking his counsel. He guided me and directed me as he shared his thoughts. My dad encouraged me and supported me in all that I did. I love him with all of my heart and will miss him more than words could ever say.

4 comments:

Justin, Amy, and Grace said...

Hey Gauthiers! I found you on Kristin's blog and I'm glad I did. This is Amy Nessen (Erlenbusch). I can't believe how much your family has grown. You have such beautiful kids. Stop by and check out our blog sometime.

Unknown said...

What a blessing it is to have such a wonderful relationship with your father and to know without a doubt that you will live together eternally someday! He gets to be your angel for now and watch over you and your family.

Katie said...

I'm so sorry! I hope you all will feel better and that you will find comfort. I love my parents and I'm also grateful for their wisdom. Please let me know what I can do!

vocalise said...

I've thought about your sweet testimony several times since you shared it on Sunday. Thanks for being a strength even in your time of personal mourning.