Sunday, March 21, 2010

Puppies, Puppies, Puppies

We have had 2 female miniature wired hair dachshunds for several years.  They have been great little dogs,  they're pretty quiet and pretty low maintenance.  Before having these dogs I would  have definitely consider myself a big dog person, in fact I've always considered little dogs a bit "yippie" for my liking!  However, big dogs have big poop and with small children the two just don't work well together for me!

Anyway.  John decided last year that it would be fun for our kids to experience having new puppies.  So he and Jacob went on a quest for a "baby daddy" and came home with Rico.  Well, Rico has done his job, and has done it well.

Mable had two puppies a few months ago.  This breed is pretty small (6 to 8 lbs.) so their typical litter is only 1 or 2 puppies.

And. . . Izzy had puppies in February.  She was so big we thought that she was over due!  We took her into the vet and he said she was fine and would deliver within the next 12 hours.  He also thought that she was big and said that he was sure that she had two puppies maybe even three in there.

By 10:00 that night her first pup was born.  About 15 minutes later another.  I went to bed and John came in about 11:00 and said that indeed there were three puppies!  And, they were all doing well.

     When we woke the kids up the next morning to show them the new puppies. . . . 
To our surprise there were now 5 PUPPIES!!!! 

CUTE! CUTE! CUTE!




10 comments:

KC said...

I can't believe that Dallas and Harley were ever that small. They are all so cute!

Stefanie said...

WOW, more puppies!! 5 of them? Rico must be so very proud! lol Look how cute they are. I love the picture of Jared laying on the ground with the puppy on his belly. Too cute!

vocalise said...

Oh my gosh. I actually sent the link to your blog to a few of my brothers. Irresistible.

Molly said...

Aw! I wanna come see 'em!

5fords said...

Those are the CUTEST puppies I have EVER seen!! That pic of Jared with them is a good one.

Unknown said...

so sweet, I can't believe how much they have changed since I was there. one of them definitly looks like Rico!

Haley said...

They look so big now! compared to when we saw them just 2 weeks ago. So cute! I want to come see them again.

Oh and now I have a blog too!

Kristy said...

So irrisistably adorable...you can probably imagine how badly I wish I could have one of them...oh well, I will have to be content with admiring them at your home. Such darling photos with Jared...sweet and precious!

belofam said...

So Cute! If I liked dogs I would almost want one! Jared is so cute too! I can't believe how big he is getting!!

B said...

Oh my goodness...so cute!!! Colden would go crazy with all of those adorable puppies! Thanks for your sweet comment about my family. We feel so blessed to have such wonderful children! It is amazing to have a new, sweet, little one!